Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:55:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Linda North <afn25364@afn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot sector modification

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Linda North wrote:

> I just installed 2.2.6 Release on the second partition of my second
> drive.  I have a choice of F1 [dos (Win95)] or F5 (2nd drive).  After
> I choose I get a message that my boot sector is going to be modifiied.
> If I choose F5, I then get another prompt with the above plus F2 for
> FreeBSD followed by another warning that my boot sector is about to be
> modified.  Should this be happening?

Your BIOS is in touchy mode.  Yes, booteasy modifies the boot sector on
every boot to list the last option chosen, so the next boot it will select
it automatically.

> My question:  When installing Boot Easy, is it only necessary to put it
> on my original boot drive (wd0s1), and should I have made my FreeBSD
> slice bootable?   Yes I have read  all the installation references I
> could find, including the page on paritioning the disk.
> Thanks for any comments.

I think you have to put Booteasy on both disks, so you'll have to install
it yourself afterwards by fishing boot.bin and bootinst.exe off the CD or
ftp site in /tools and then running bootinst in DOS.