Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:09:01 -0400
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        "Paul A. Howes" <pahowes@fair-ware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Athlon Processors

On Thursday, August 30, 2001 17:49:02 -0700, Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>
wrote:
+-----
| Don't believe everything that you hear.  FreeBSD works fine with Athlon
| processors.
+--->8

Indeed it does:

vpn87:14997 Z$ ssh rushlight uptime
 9:02PM  up 51 days,  4:12, 1 user, load averages: 1.85, 1.54, 1.38

(It'd be longer except that I rebuilt the kernel.)

For what it's worth, ECE has a handful of Athlons running SuSE Linux
7.0/7.1 with no problems.  We'd have more, but there is something to be
said for Intel donating lots of machines to the department....
Incidentally, Pentium IVs have been giving us most of our grief (with
Linux, naturally).

--
brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu