Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 22:16:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        piero@strider.ibenet.it, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone else think it's about time to beat a WEB server to death?

Hello.

Quoting from Jordan K. Hubbard (Fri Nov 10 20:14:57 1995):
> 	o #1 - Jaye:  Represents what you can do with a real commercial
> 	o #2 - Piero-US:  Represent what you can put together with entirely
> 	  free components (Apache?).

Yes. I was thinking about 0.6.5 rather than 0.8.14
Any suggestion here? Experience with 0.8.14?

> 	o #3 - Piero-EU:  Same as #2 but so the Europeans can participate
>
> We run the test for a 24/48/72 hour period, whichever you folks think
> is best or can stand, after which each machine's stats are collated
> and put together into a large report which is distributed widely.
>
> This could really be an event, if we handle it right.

We can also test the 2 'Piero' machines as proxies, proxying
each other (they are at the two ends of an intercontinental line
between Europe and the USA).

We should be able to arrange with Sprint the full routing by the
end of this month (this is one of the reasons why I'd like to run
the test at the end of November).

All people interested in the setup of the machines, etc, can join
w3test@ibenet.it by sending e-mail to me <piero@ibenet.it>
(no automatic daemon, sorry).

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1