Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:31:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Marco Berizzi <pupilla@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: block device vs char device

--- Marco Berizzi <pupilla@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Hiten,
>
> Thanks for the reply about char & block devices.
> Now all is much more clean.

No Problem.

> [ ... ]
>
> I haven't found anything about the difference
> between cd0a & cd0c.
> Any hints?

OK.  Ah my friend, it seems you didnt check the man pages (a very nice
discovery :-).  For information on 'cd' type devices, look at:

 1) http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=cd&apropos=0&sektion=4
 -- This man page contains information about SCSI CDROM Devices.

 2) http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ata&apropos=0&sektion=4
 -- This man page contains information about ATAPI CDROM Devices.

Hope this helps.

  -- Hiten