Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:41:45 -0500
From:      Laurence Sanford <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPoE strangeness

I've been playing with PPP(oE) for the past couple of days and had reasonably
good luck with it, until this morning, when, from afar (ie work) it appeared
that my box had gone offline. Figuring it could be almost anything, I decided
to wait until I got home to jump to conclusions (power could be out, cat could
be eating the cable, etc). However, none of this was the case when I got here.
It appeared via ifconfig that the DSL modem was still connected. However,
neither the firewall, nor anything else could get to the internet. The only
change that I made this morning was to add this line to the ppp.conf file for
my web server

nat port tcp 192.168.x.x:80 80

After wondering what could have happened to make things stop working, I
restarted PPP, and everything worked at first, except for the port forward
indicated for the web server. It worked this morning, but won't work now. Can
anyone provide any hints on this?

Box is running 4.0 RELEASE, one de nic, one dc nic. If I've left out any
information that could be vital to finding an answer, please let me know.

--
Drew Sanford