Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:47:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@corbulon.video-collage.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: troubles with recent -current

> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> > FWIW, this -- introducing this sort of instability just two months
> > before the scheduled release -- is a lot more damaging than the
> > stupid trolls, IMO. The finger-breakers should consider leaving the
> > troll alone and switching to super-gluing the pointy hats to the
> > apropriate skulls :-|

> There are probably going to be a few nits involved in the VFS changes,
> but there are a number of serious bugs being fixed here. I've been
> running into a bug on some boxes involving a race condition that
> occurs when newsyslog runs on a busy system resulting in a inode
> deadlock. It also may be that many of the problems were bumping into
> now may merely be existing bugs that are now more visible.

I'm sure we made progress. But it would be better, if the "few nits"
were noticed and fixed before committing. They are impossible not to
bump into -- judging by the others' responses -- unless, of course, the
developers do not routinely use -current as their primary OS. Something
we all should be doing now, that the long promised release date is only
two months away.

	-mi