Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 1997 15:31:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      fenner@parc.xerox.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/2554: bad choice of FTP server for sox

>Number:         2554
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       bad choice of FTP server for sox
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The MASTER_SITE for the sox port is nic.switch.ch .
The welcome message on nic.switch.ch says:

230- ***  Access to this FTP service is exclusively allowed for  ***
230- ***  - Swiss universities, schools & organisations with a   ***
230- ***    SWITCH service contract                              ***
230- ***  - foreign education & research organisations           ***

Although I suppose I might be allowed to classify myself as a foreign
research organization, I don't think that using such a restrictive
FTP server is a good idea.

>How-To-Repeat:
ftp to nic.switch.ch and log in as anonymous
>Fix:
Unknown; the only other copies of sox10p11.tar.Z archie could find
were FreeBSD/distfiles mirrors.  Perhaps upgrade to sox11?
(http://www.spies.com/Sox/Archive/soxgamma.tar.gz)