Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 08:38:44 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@rover.village.org>
To:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
Cc:        Jeff.Kreska@MCI.Com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940UW

In message <199707252017.PAA03765@iworks.InterWorks.org> "Daniel M. Eischen" writes:
: And it's working perfectly with 2.2 (some version of stable) and 3.0-current
: for me.  How about a more detailed description of your problem?  I'm betting
: it's a cabling or termination problem.

I know of several people who have had problems with the 2940AU.  This
is a different board from the 2940U or UW.  Some revs of it have lots
of problems with reset and other oddities.  Since I don't have one of
these cards, I think that the output from dmesg of the boot probe of
the aha device might not be a bad thing to get too.

Warner