Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:01:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        Bert Hiddink <hiddink@galileo.or.cr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp.conf

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Bert Hiddink wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could someone help me out with the configuration of my ppp. My
> ppp.conf looks like this:

<snip>

It's because when you load ppp and type 'dial', all it does is execute the
stuff under the default: label.

If you want to dial the number you've specified under the papchap label,
you need to say 'dial papchap'.  I would also consider changing the
label name to something a bit mor informative (perhaps relating to the
ISP?)

--
Matthew Emmerton
GSI Computer Services