Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:25:25 +0100
From:      Enrique Ayesta Perojo <eayesta@portugalete.uned.es>
To:        "Joshua Lewis" <jmlewis@dslextreme.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Secure File Copy

El Asteartea, 15 de Azaroa de 2005 15:17, Joshua Lewis escribi=F3:
> I was trying that I did
>
> scp -Cprroot@server.com:/usr/local/www
> localhost:/Users/joshua/Desktop/FreeBSD
>
> And it prompted me for a password on the server but the root password wou=
ld
> not authenticate.

I don't know very much about MacOs but usually the user root is disabled by=
=20
default at the sshd configuration, so you should use a "normal" user accoun=
t=20
to copy the files. If not, take a look at the sshd config file and allow th=
e=20
root user to use ssh.