Date:      Mon, 26 May 2014 09:43:39 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-10.0r. on Lenovo G780

Istvan Galgand wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I've just purchased a Lenovo G780 laptop. Setting single graphical card in
> BIOS only an Intel HD 4000 onboard chipset is available. I've managed to
> install FreeBSD-10.0r.to an external usb3 hdd. It is doing a very nice
> job, even a beautiful Mate desktop is achieved. But, when I want to fall
> back to console from desktop I am left with a blank screen that
> practically stays for ever.

In my home desktop, I have some onboard Intel Sandybridge video
chipset and the xf86-video-intel-2.17.0_1 driver. I think this is a
defect in the driver but once you are in the graphics mode, you cannot
return to the text mode. When I press Ctrl+Alt+Fn to exit to text
mode, I just see some garbage. Fortunately I can press Ctrl+Alt+F9 to
return back to the graphics mode.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru