Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 10:39:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
To:        "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN Compression Load on CPU

On Fri, 24 May 1996, Dennis wrote:

> >First, commercial boxes come with support.  Support that an ISP will NEED.
>
> Um...well we give full WAN support with our  products, and its a lot better
> than you get from most of the "commercial" companies from what i
> hear.
>
> >And yes, Dennis, I am a developer.  99% of the software running here,
> >including the entire FreeBSD-based authentication and database systems at
> >MCSNet, were written by me.  15+ years of experience in this industry.

Karl, you really should check into the ET products. Dennis has been active
on some of the ISP mailing lists that I don't think you follow any more
and has certainly proven that he understands WAN technology inside out and
that his products (which include a lot of software components) really are
darn good. I've seen him giving support to customers and seen quite a few
customer testimonials and descriptions of how they are using the ET cards.
One guy even has a FreeBSD box with ET cards sitting at MAE-East as his
gateway router peering with several NSP's.

In fact, I can't help comparing both you, Karl, and Dennis (of ET) because
you both come across on these mailing lists as incredibly competent
technically with a tendency to arrogance that leads occasionaly to mild
flamewars when you chew out somebody who hasn't got a clue and makes some
stupid comment or other. This isn't bad, mind you, and in my 20 years of
experience in the computer industry I have found that it's a good
indicator that you are dealing with a real expert.

I urge everyone to check out http://www.etinc.com and consider using their
products. They are especially useful to people that want "total control"
over their systems because ET cards in a FreeBSD box make it possible to
get much closer to that ideal.

Michael Dillon                                   ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael@memra.com