Date:      Sat, 05 Jul 1997 12:48:01 -0700
From:      VR <atgrim@thevine.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD No boot.

Well, I have tried again. I attempted to install FreeBSD rel 2.2.2 on
my brand new 4.3 gb hd. It still will not boot. None of the boot
managers that I have tried see the partition as active even though I
made sure that I set the slice as bootable. I have tried to change the
HD between Normal and LBA and attempted installations with both
settings. I have gone back in after the installation and set the slice
as bootable. Nothing.

I continue to receive messages like "/mnt: Write failed, file system
is full." and "bad disklablecan't find /kernal." and also "error
mounting /mnt/dev/wd1s1g on /mnt/usr: invalid argument."

I am at my wits end. What am I missing?? What haven't I done?? If
someone could please clue me in I would be deeply appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Vince Rodriguez
--
It is not whether or not you die, we all die eventually.
It is, in fact, how you have lived, that will make the difference.