Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 23:25:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James <dominus@minos.dyn.ml.org>
To:        Timothy J Luoma <luomat+FreeBSD@luomat.peak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD and a 4gb drive

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Timothy J Luoma wrote:

> Howdy all.
>
> I'm about 2 days away from my first FreeBSD installation attempt (whoo whee!).
>
> Here's my question:
>
> Can FreeBSD:
> 	Be loaded after the first 2gb
> 	Be booted from not the first hard drive

Yep, done both of those.  Only problem I had with on the second drive is
taht the boot manager had me choose the second drive then freebsd before
it would boot.

Eample for clarity

/// forgive me for not remembering the exact prompt but the idea will be
/// clear once you see it

Default F2
  F1 HPFS
  F2 DISK 2
Choose a drive:

// User presses F2 then I saw

Default F1
  F1 BSD
  F2 DISK 1
Choose a Drive:

I am sure there is probably a way around this behavior, but I am not sure
what.  I only seen it on the second drive on a friends machine.

I have it in the last 2gb of my 4gb drive here.

James