Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:02:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      SirSparc <alex@MSCD.EDU>
To:        Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        jeffers@redrose.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DOOM fans -This is what you want....

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Jean-Marc Zucconi wrote:

%>>>>> David Jeffers writes:
%
% >  Download 'lxdoom' using the info given below. This is a Linux port
% >  that runs perfectly using the linux emulator under FreeBSD
% >  2.2.7-RELEASE, using X-Windows. You can play any game including PWADS, total
% >  conversions, Ultimate Doom, Final Doom, whatever. Enjoy!
%
%You can also take the sources of doom and compile them on FreeBSD to
%have a native version :-) Even the sound server sources are available
%somewhere.
%I was able to play Ultimate Doom with a 100% FreeBSD version (since
%then I switched to a TrueColor X server and can't play it anymore :-()

It seems that both linux/freebsd versions of xdoom exit as the game
enters the demo loop, with an error msg like this is a shareware version..
Also, how can i play the svgalib linux version of doom on fbsd console?
-alex