Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:50:57 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to ppp with a TA with an rj45 not a serial connection to my machine???

Hi all,
I am ok with terminal adapters with serial
connections, but this school has got itself a TA that
connects via cat 5 to a network card in the computer.
Hmmmm. so is that pppoe??? or what?
do I simply do in the ppp.conf
default:
 set device fxp0 or something??

or do I have to do deeper spookier stuff.
At the moment an NT machine handles the dialing and it
uses something called DIVA miniwan
The Freebsd machine will now do the dialing but it has
to be easier than the dopey set up in NT...
Help pleez guys. I'd reaaly appreciate it
Keith spencer

http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
- Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!