Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 2014 10:36:39 +0200
From:      Marco =?UTF-8?B?QnLDtmRlcg==?= <marco.broeder@posteo.eu>
To:        Daniel Morante <daniel@morante.net>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>, kde-freebsd@kde.org
Subject:   Re: Trying to build a QT5 application

--Sig_/SJgHonvMf4wJy+Eg9xisaSi

On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 08:41:04 -0400
Daniel Morante <daniel@morante.net> wrote:

> I am trying to create a port for an application that supports both
> Qt4 and Qt5.
>=20
> Qt4 builds fine and I am using the following in the port's Makefile:
>=20
> QT4_CONFIGURE_WITH=3D    gui=3Dqt4
> QT4_USE=3D
> qt4=3Dcorelib,gui,qmake_build,linguist,uic,moc,rcc,qtestlib_build
>=20
> For Qt5 I have:
>=20
> QT5_CONFIGURE_WITH=3D    gui=3Dqt5
> QT5_USE=3D=20
> qt5=3Dcore,gui,dbus,widgets,network,qmake_build,linguisttools,buildtools_=
build,testlib_build
>=20
> Using Qt5 fails to configure properly.  It's unable to find
> "lrelease":
>=20
> checking for lrelease-qt5... no
> checking for lrelease5... no
> checking for lrelease... no
> configure: error: LRELEASE not found
>=20
> According to the porters handbook, that should be provided by=20
> "linguisttools" above.  I also tried with and had the same result:
>=20
> QT5_USE=3D=20
> qt5=3Dcore,gui,dbus,widgets,network,qmake_build,linguist,linguisttools,bu=
ildtools_build,testlib_build
>=20

Hello Daniel,

I had the same problem with mail/trojita in the QT5 version and solved
it by patching the cmake search path for the linguist binaries to
${QT_BINDIR}. Maybe you should do something similar with your port.

CC'ing kde-freebsd@kde.org, because it looks like something is wrong
with our QT5 ports.

Unfortunately, I never had the time to take a closer look at this issue
and the simple fix worked for my port.

--=20
Regards