Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 04:01:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   why does sendmail bring up my iijppp link? (2.2.2-RELEASE)

I'm running a 2.2.2-RELEASE system.  Pretty stock, i.e no major changes
made by me.  I'm running the standard sendmail.cf file that is distributed
with it.  I've got iijppp (aka usermode PPP) set up and working correctly
in demand dialing mode (ppp -auto).  I'm also running a nameserver on this
machine.

Whenever I send mail using sendmail, EVEN IF THE MAIL IS SENT TO SOMEONE
LOCAL TO MY MACHINE, it always brings up my ppp link.

I find this somewhat annoying, is there any way to fix it?  (tweaking
sendmail.cf, etc.?)  If so I would gladly appreciate any help that you
could offer.

Thanks for your assistance!

Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.