Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 22:48:57 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@ares.maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, John Baldwin <jobaldwi@smtp1.erols.com>
Subject:   Re: Wine breakage...

> > I have wine 990704 running at home without any problems.  I used the
> > standard distribution plus some of the patches from the ports collection
> > (I'd have to look up exactly which patches).  I'm running 3.2-R (not sure
> > what you are using).  What sort of programs are you running with wine and
> > are you sure this isn't a wine bug (e.g. you've picked a program to test
> > which exercises a memory leak in wine, which is alpha software after all).
>
> I used all of the patches, if some aren't needed, please let me know and I'll
> try that.  That may be the problem.  BTW, I'm using the standard minesweeper,
> notepad, and freecell programs from 95 to test wine with, and they ran fine
> with older versions of wine without taking up all my swap.  So I don't think
> it's bugs in the programs I'm running. :)

Checking the source I built from... doesn't look like I used any of the
patches :).  Here is an extract from top for me.  This is just testing with
a program from work, which should notionally be bigger than the ones you
are testing with.

26061 doc        2   0  7428K  2732K select   0:00  0.15%  0.15% wine
26064 doc        2   0 27840K  6924K sbwait   0:01  0.05%  0.05% wine

I'll try and grab freecell or notepad from work tomorrow and test them.
--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083