Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 1996 10:45:47 +0100 (GMT+0100)
From:      af@biomath.jussieu.fr (Alain FAUCONNET)
To:        ali@axis.axisnet.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: Problems with xgrabsc

Ali Lomonaco wrote:

>         I used the xgrab port and compiled and when I try to use it, it
> dumps core.  I don't like to post dumb questions like these but I could
> not think of anything else.  Here is what it looks like.
>
> X-Windows Screen Grabber
> Version 2.41
> Copyright (C) 1990-95 Bruce Schuchardt
>
> Bus error - core dumped
>
> Thanks

Donald J. Maddox replied:

>You're not by chance trying to use xgrab on a screen w/depth > 8 are
>you?
>It only suppots 8-bit displays, I believe, and will definitely dump core
>if you try to use it on 16- or 24-bit displays...

...which makes sense !
Suggestion:  use  xv,  the  neat  image  display  program.  It  has  a
full-featured grab screen function too. I know it's a  bit  overshoot,
but you might find an usage for the image display features too :-)

_Alain_

--
Alain FAUCONNET    Ingenieur systeme - System Manager     AP-HP/SIM
Public Health                91 bld de l'Hopital 75013 PARIS FRANCE