Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 1996 03:08:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-960226-SNAP now on ftp.freebsd.org

 * Gotcha, though I may have to make a symlink for `packages' so
 * that the package adding tool in sysinstall will work! :(

NO!!!  The symlinks are pointing to ports-2.1/packages-2.1, and
changing this will break the 2.1 release.  Please don't touch those!

Jordan, we went over this before, and I've also pointed it out on
several occasions not to use that name.  Besides, the
"ports"/"packages" names should die (or at least not be used
hard-coded in any install tool), and we are going to get rid of them
as soon as 2.1R becomes obsolete (some time after 2.1.x is released, I
guess).

Satoshi