Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 08:30:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/18169: Update port x11-wm/afterstep-devel

The following reply was made to PR ports/18169; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To: Maxim Sobolev <SoboMax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 11:26:40 -0400 (EDT)

 Yes, they went to cvs shortly after I submitted the
 update.  Might as well remove the port.

 Today Maxim Sobolev wrote:

 > I'm unable to find any file listed in the ${DISTFILES} and ${PATCHFILES}. After
 > some digging on AfterStep's ftp sites, I've found the following, which seems
 > explains this:
 >
 > ftp://ftp.digex.net/pub/X11/window-managers/afterstep/devel/README:
 > "The AfterStep devel has moved to cvs, check the website
 > (www.afterstep.org) for instructions and site address."
 >
 > Please clarify if the AfterStep team is going to make development snapshots
 > available from ftp in the future, and if no, then we would probably remove
 > afterstep-devel port from the tree.
 >
 > -Maxim

 Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
 jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
           Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
    PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
                enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null