Date:      Sat, 23 May 1998 07:52:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: good deal on hardware

Given John Dyson's warning about the second CPU, can you comment
about the requirements on the second processor? I checked and
Insight doesn't list 200MHz PIIs, and the 233 MHz they list says
512K cache instead of the 256K on the Toshiba  (I don't follow the
CPU hardware closely and wouldn't know a misprint if I saw one).
I'm reluctant to get a good deal on the box if I have to buy two
new CPUS for it instead of 1.

If many people are looking at this it is worth asking Insight about
the cost of a "12 pack" (or 25 or whatever) with a second compatable
CPU.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval