Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 00:33:28 +0200 (EET)
From:      Tomi Vainio <tomppa@fidata.fi>
To:        Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 driver patches

Eivind Eklund writes:
 > (1) A single steady vertical line when the fxtv window is in some
 > position in the upper and lower right corner of my screen
 > (1600x1200x16 bit) - the rest of the window work normally.  This one
 > seems likely to be a splitting problem, IFF the split is done as to
 > rectangles vertically.  It seems to be related to the size of the
 > window; I've had some problems repeating it at will, but get it
 > from time to time.

I haven't seen this anymore.  This happened when I put fxtv window
upper right corner.  There was also problems with colours eg. RGB
components switched places.  Randall gave very good explanation couple
week ago why this happens.

 > (2) DMA to the wrong position (horizontal offset) when the screen is
 > 32 bits deep.  I don't have any clue as to whether this would be an
 > XFree86, brkt (kernel driver) or fxtv problem.

I'm still using Michael's patch to get picture inside fxtv window.
I have used this over month now and I haven't heard anything about
that how this should fix correctly.

  Tomppa

--
Tomi Vainio              Mail: tomppa@iki.fi      Phone: +358 (0)50 1529