Date:      Mon, 26 May 2014 08:37:37 -0500
From:      Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould@gmail.com>
To:        Gyrd Thane Lange <gyrd-se@thanelange.no>
Subject:   Re: printing to BR-Script using CUPS with generic postscript driver

As a follow-up for anyone who searches for this issue in the future:

I purchased a Brother HL-5470DW and added it to my home network using its
wireless features and a static IP address.

I tried to use CUPS and various (generic and foomatic) postscript drivers
and both LPR and Socket connections.  The LPR connection didn't work.  The
Socket connection was successful; but printing any page resulted in a blank
page.  This was true for FreeBSD and Ubuntu.  This was also consistent with
other postings, elsewhere on the internet.

I tried using the printcap method offered by Gyrd.  This worked, but
printing text files resulted in the classic stair-step printing output.
 Accepting that I was on the right path, I decided to let apsfilter do the
detail work.

What finally worked was using apsfilter via LPR, the generic postscript
driver and auto document detection.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 5:50 AM, Gyrd Thane Lange <gyrd-se@thanelange.no>wro=