Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 19:40:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Karl Mueller <ewiley@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Lexmark 5700 Printer not working

I have a Lexmark 5700 inkjet printer, and I'm trying to get it work in
BSD.

I searched through the archives of the mailing lists for lexmark, and
tried all the suggestions there (mostly changing the printcap file). my
current printcap looks like:

lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp/lp.errors:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/if-simple:

/usr/local/libexec/if-simple exsists (it's the one suggested for
troubleshooting in the handbook) and it has the correct permissions.

After I try lptest 20 5 | lpr -Pprinter-name, i get no errors (either from
sdtout or /var/spool/lpd/lp.errors), and nothing prints out. The printer
works fine in windows (of course). So I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Karl Mueller
FreeBSD-2.2.8-RELEASE