Date:      Fri, 30 May 2014 18:03:16 -0400
From:      Julio Merino <jmmv@freebsd.org>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>, "jenkins-admin@freebsd.org" <jenkins-admin@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Generating Kyua test result output in JUnit XML format for Jenkins integration?

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Craig Rodrigues
<rodrigc@crodrigues.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At BSDCan 2014, I sat with Julio Merino and helped him get set up with
> Jenkins.  Julio then did some hacking on Kyua so that it could generate
> JUnit XML output.  Julio then imported this JUnit XML test output in
> Jenkins.  If you look at slides 26-27 of Julio's BSDCan presentation:
>
> http://goo.gl/1SCfgv
>
> you can see the Kyua test results appear in the native Jenkins test result
> UI.  This is very promising work.  For me, proving that Jenkins and Kyua
> could be integrated was worth the entire trip of going to BSDCan.  Thanks
> Julio!  It was great to meet you and see you hack!

Same thing! As you probably read in my BSDCan report[1] and my post
about Kyua[2], it was very good to learn about and play with Jenkins.

FYI, I have just pushed a much-improved version of the JUnit report
generation code to GitHub[3]. The new "report-junit" command generates
XML reports that can be read by Jenkins and they should include all of
the details also available in all other report types.

Let's get this running in the FreeBSD Jenkins setup!

1: http://julipedia.meroh.net/2014/05/bsdcan-2014-summary.html
2: http://julipedia.meroh.net/2014/05/refocusing-kyua-maybe.html
3: https://github.com/jmmv/kyua/commits/master/kyua-cli