Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:24:28 -0300
From:      "Ronan Lucio" <ronan@melim.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Bastion host

Hi All,

I intending to install a Bastion host to increase the security
in my net but I have some doubts about the techinical work
of it.

For all I understood, I will need 3 machines to do a mail server
and a web server which: 1-bastion host, 2-mail server, 3-web
server.

The main doubt is how the machines will to converse by themselves
with the same service.

If think the bastion host should have two virtual enviroments
by jail. So, does the jail needs to be installed either in Bastion
host or in Mail server/Web server?

When anyone access a mail server, the would address pointing to
the ip address of the Bastion host or Mail server/Web server?
Does the Mail server/Web server needs to have either a visible
ip or unvisible ip (like 192.168.x.x.)?

Thanks,

Ronan Lucio