Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 09:00:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   another fs-related panic during make world

/usr/obj: bad dir ino 87561 at offset 0: mangled entry
panic: ufs_dirbad: bad dir
Debugger("panic")
Stopped at      _Debugger+0x35: movb    $0,_in_Debugger.98

I got a trace out of DDB, but it was way too much to write down by hand.
I have taken DDB out of my kernel in the hope that next time this
happens the system will dump core and I can get a trace that way.

When I typed "next" twice, the system tried to sync disks but gave up
with one buffer still unsync'd.

I posted my system configuration yesterday in the thread "more fs fear",
so I won't repost it today, unless someone would like me to.

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."