Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:38:54 -0500
From:      Kris Maglione <bsdaemon@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Laptop won't boot -CURRENT after 8/04

--------------enigF419251FE23609C4A1C5FAC8

For some reason, I'm not getting most mail from this list. I have to
keep looking in the archives. Please bear with me.

  > This is a well known problem.

I wouldn't expect a well known problem to go unfixed for over three
months, although I have found references to similar problems.
Nevertheless, I would like to find the commit that caused the breakage
and, if possible, find a way to patch future releases so I can boot
them. I have been stuck with 5.2.1 on this laptop for several months and
would prefer not to have to switch to 4.x for lack of ACPI support or to
DragonFly, for lack of a mature STABLE release.