Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:33:28 +0100
From:      Lauri Watts <lauri@kde.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Media Player equivalent...

--Boundary-02=_LLsU+CcHnyTgXbG

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 00.13, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 February 2003 21:44, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > Even better, check out http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/. A
> > simple cvs co && gmake will do.
>
> I can't make it work with Konqueror...
> Anyone succeded in making in work ?
> Thanks.

Make what work? so you can click on a file and it opens in mplayer?

Run kappfinder, let it find your mplayer binary and add it to the K menu.  =
In=20
KControl, go to the file associations module, and make sure mplayer is=20
associated with the file formats you want.  Move it up to the top to make i=
t=20
the default player (the one that runs when you click on a file), or leave i=
t=20
where it is, and it will be available in the right click -> open with menu=
=20
for any associated file type.

=46or what it's worth, Lioux and I just spent the whole night working (ok, =
him=20
mostly working, me mostly cheerleading) on fixing the xine arts plugin -=20
giving noatun and kaboodle the ability to directly play any video format th=
at=20
libxine provides, a feature that previously hasn't worked on FreeBSD.  Vide=
o=20
thumbnail previews in Konqueror, and an embeddable sidebar player to come a=
s=20
soon as we figure out how to make them work too.  Look for ports in a cvsup=
=20
near you any hour now.

Regards,
=2D-=20