Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 97 16:12:19 -0800
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Jan L. Peterson" <jlp@imall.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Stable List" <FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Serious problem with ipfw in 11/10 Snap

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997 09:56:36 -0700, Jan L. Peterson wrote:

>What you should do is configure your co-located machines for a serial
>console and hook them together (or to a modem) so that you can get on
>the console remotely.

	I almost mentioned this in my post, but I wanted to keep it brief.
 This actually is being worked on, but I'm 600 miles away from the
machines, so I'm at the mercy of the techs having a free minute, or the
sysadmin making it a priority.  After this latest incident, it did move up
the list quite a few notches though.

Thank you for the suggestion,

Doug

*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the  world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server. 4,168 clients and still growing. :-)
*** Try spider.dal.net on ports 6662-4    (Powered by FreeBSD)
***		Part of the DALnet IRC network		***