Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:00:51 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Wow! ixsystems.....

	Folks,

	Late last night i finally surfed into the ixsystems pages.
	WHile I haven't had a chance to check out the
	price/performance ration and compare it to other sites [[or
	maybe  I'll do yet another roll-my-own]], I did happen on the
	PCBSD link.  It really does look like FreeBSD people  who do
	*not* wish to invest 101% of their lives getting
	thing-to-work on the most stable OS ever.  My one question
	is: does at least everything that works under Ubuntu work
	under PC BSD?  I mean, things like setting my text fonts to
	international? and being able to stream what streams {say,
	"FRONTLINE" or NOVA} that PBS has.

	Can i drop in a CD or DVD that I got from my pvblic library
	and have it play without mucking around creating mount-points
	like /media/dvd/0 and /media/cd/0?  This is the latest thing
	to break with my 7.3RC.2.  The sound-juicer doesn't recognize
	my music CD whereas my Ubuntu does.   In other words, is
	PCBSD closer to the "Just-Works"{TM} side of things?

	tia, y'all!

	gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix