Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:29:05 -0600
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fyi:  netscape, bus error and plugger

In case anyone has the following problem:

I don't know what a bus error or a core dump is; but I was getting the
following message when trying to run netscape as a normal user:

bus error (core dumped)

Netscape was running fine when executed by root.  After I did a
pkg_delete on plugger, however, netscape ran fine for any user.

This occurred on FreeBSD 4.1.  The problem also occurred on 4.2; but I
didn't think of deleting plugger until I had reinstalled 4.1.

For what it's worth,

Andrew Gould