Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:20:59 -0500
From:      Duane Winner <duanewinner@att.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3Com Megahertz 3CXM756 PCMCIA modem on 5.3

Warner Losh wrote:

>>Thanks! That would be great. At least I know it's not just me.
>>

>I've updated what I think is the fix to RELENG_5, so please test and
>let me know.

That did the trick. I took one of my other T30's and changed my cvs tag
from RELENG_5_3 to RELENG_5, cvsup'd, buildword and buildkernel, and I
was able  to dial out.

I get this now when inserting the card:

pccard1: Allocation failed for cfe 32
sio4: <3Com Megahertz 3CXM756/3CCM756> at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 5
function 0 config 33 on pccard1
sio4: type 16550A
sio4: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode

And the obligatory 'detach' when I remove it.

Any chance of this getting into RELENG_5_3? I'm not sure how that works
(since 5.3 gets "security and critical fixes" only), but I thought I
would ask. Does this classify as a critical fix?

Thanks,
Duane