Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 1997 12:02:50 -0300 (GRNLNDST)
From:      ormonde@trem.cnt.org.br (Rodrigo Ormonde)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Comercial software on FreeBSD

  Hi.

  I'm developing a comercial software which will run on FreeBSD. I'm asking you
guys to help me on a doubt:

  Can I use the gcc compiler to produce the binaries of my program and than
sell this program (as a comercial software) or do I need to find another
compiler ? I'm asking this because of the GNU public license (in fact it's a
bit confusing). I'm not sure if the gcc can be used to make comercial products.

  Please send answers directly to me, I'm not on the list.

  Thanks in advance.

--
Rodrigo de La Rocque Ormonde
e-mail: ormonde@cnt.org.br