Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 11:06:29 -0800
From:      Kedar Rajadnya <kedar@asacomputers.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quad motherboards?

>I'm looking around for a Quad server, and can't seem to find anything but
>over-priced Compaq computers... :(
>Anyone know whether Asus or similar produce one, that I just can't find
>references to?  Intel?

        Hello,

        Intel makes 2, one which you will find less cost-prohibitive: the
SCS450NX.
        AMI makes one, the MegaPLEX.  It does cost more than the Intel box,
though. Holds more memory, more PCI slots, etc.
        They are not offered as motherboards alone.  They are a whole kit
with enclosure, 80-pin SCSI backplane, memory boards, etc.

Take care,
Kedar Rajadnya.
ASA Computers, Inc.
TEL: (408)232-5999 ext201  FAX:(408)232-5959