Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:52:26 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        Gregory W Lovell <glovell@ecr.mu.oz.au>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failed "make" on quite normal kernel

On Monday 18 June 2001 23:34, Gregory W Lovell wrote:
> FreeBSD Questions,
>
> I've tried to recompile the kernel to add NATD support to my system 3
> times now, and it has failed every time.  The only change I have made to
> the config file when compared to GENERIC are adding the lines:
>
> options		IPFIREWALL
> options		IPDIVERT
>
> These are added at the end of all the other "options" lines.
>
> The last few lines shown after the make command crashes are:
>
> si -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I/usr/include -D_KERNEL -include
> opt_global.h -e
> lf -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 ../../dev/nsp/nsp.c
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/NATD
> bash-2.05#cpp:output pipe has been closed
> Jun 19 07:06:52 /kernel:pid 6420(cc1), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core
> dumped)
>
> As you can imagine, this is quite frustrating, as NATD is to be one of the
> primary functions of the box.  It is a Pentium 133 on a SuperMicro board
> without FDD, Serial or Parallel Controllers.  Everything else seems to
> work fine except this.  One thing that may be worth noting is that I
> actually have installed FreeBSD by plugging the HDD into another computer,
> as I cannot boot from CD-ROM or FDD.  I was told this would be OK, but you
> never know...
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The rest of my experience with
> FreeBSD has been very positive.
>
> Greg Lovell

Sig 11 is a sign of hardware failure, usually memory. Check the maillist as
his issue comes up regularly.

Beech

     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510