Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 20:41:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Paul <paul@iaehv.nl>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: download '.tar.gz' problems with ports for FBSD 3.4 Stable.

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Paul wrote:

> Recently I've started to run into trouble with some of the ports after
> downloading them from ftp.freebsd.org. When I do a make, they try to
> get a file called '.tar.gz' instead of the portname-version.tar.gz

Cvsup the ports-base cvsup collection and do so every time you update part
of it. You have an out of date bsd.port.mk.

Methinks this should go in the FAQ under something like "Every port I try
and build is broken/doing something strange!" Not that people ever read
the FAQ, or search the mailing lists in case the question has been
answered a thousand times before.

Kris