Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:55:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Lau <freebsd_questions@yahoo.com>
To:        Newbies <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mount wd0 on wd1 drive

Hello,

I have a question:

I have a freeBSD 3.4 release installed on my second
hard drive(wd1) on my new computer. This drive is
taken from an older computer as wd0. The problem is
that when I boot, the bootloader does recognize the
current disk is disk2s3, which means it can
distinguish from disk1s3 when it was in older
computer. But after the kernel probes the hardware and
boots the root / fs, it still wants to read from
wd0s3a, and no doubt it can't mount and reboot
automatically. Then, I've tried again, before booting
the kernel, using boot -c to userconfig first, and see
from the list of the current configured devices, only
wcd0 is configured, but I can't even add wcd1. Anyone
knows how can I change the mount point when booting
the kernel?

Thanks,

David