Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:56:00 -0500
From:      DAve <dave.list@pixelhammer.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vi set comment #

Johan Hendriks wrote:
> How can i in vi set a # on multiple Lines to comment out some text.
>
> I know it must be a simple thing but i can not seem to get it right.
>

> Like in a config file i have the following
>

> define service{
>
>         use                     generic-service
>
>         host_name               w2003hk03
>
>         service_description     Explorer
>
>         check_command           check_nt!PROCSTATE!-d SHOWALL -l Explorer.exe
>
>         }
>

> And now i want to set a # to all the 6 lines.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=comment+multiple+lines+in+vi

Don't take this personal. I've been dying to use that link for over two
weeks. Normally my tech support staff provides me ample opportunities,
but they have been quiet lately. ;^)

DAve

--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org