Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 17:37:33 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bill Lloyd <wlloyd@mpd.ca>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of ISDN drivers

> So far all I've found is that the current ISDN PC card drivers for Dr.
> Neurhaus(sp?) seem to be out of date and going nowhere.

Happily, this would not appear to be entirely the case.  Yes, the
Dr. Neuhaus board support is out of date (though I have updates to all
of this from Juergen which some ISDN folks were provided with) but a
number of people in Europe are currently working on the `next
generation' support for ISDN, and it looks promising, at least.

> 3) Get a TA like a Bitsurfr/Adtran etc.

That's what I'm currently doing, anyway.

> Is anyone working on drivers for the low cost PC plug-n-play ISDN boards
> from Digiboard or Livingston?

Digiboard keeps claiming to be interested, and I've talked with the
manager of the communications group a couple of times, but the people
she keeps pointing me at are basically unreachable! :-(

Would you perhaps care to try your hand at it? :-)

I don't have any contacts at Livingston, but I'd welcome some names
and numbers.  Suffice it to say that interest in ISDN is quite active,
we're just suffering from a shortage of boards and specs.

					Jordan