Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 96 22:32:24 MST
From:      crs@hamlet.lanl.gov (Charlie Sorsby)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More questions about mosaic

Is it possible to run mosaic without buying a Motif license?

Can one, perhaps, obtain a pre-compiled executable?

I tried using pkg_add while connected with ppp to my ISP.  There is
a Mosaic present but:

PC% which Mosaic
/usr/X11R6/bin/Mosaic
PC% Mosaic
ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libpng.so.0.88"
PC%

I recall seeing a post about some other Motif-dependent code having
a similar problem because it had been compiled with dynamic rather
than static libraries (inadvertently) in 2.1.5R.  Is that also the
case with Mosaic?  What must I do to work around the problem?
Apparently that was possible with the other program but I'd already
passed the article when I realized that the problem may be similar
and now I can't find it.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Best regards,

Charlie Sorsby