Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 2010 22:49:04 +0200
From:      Richard T C Farnes <rcfarnes@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>, Ruben de Groot <mail25@bzerk.org>
Subject:   Re: text editor and your postscript

To Matthias Apitz
I read with interest your contribution and those of others in text editor=20
usage. In this I do not have much to contribute as I am so far perfectly=20
happy with vi.
BUT I noticed  your political comment at the end of your contribution. I fi=
nd=20
this out of place as this questions site is for  FreeBSD problems and  not=
=20
political ones. Could you please take your political comments and  place th=
em=20
on appropriate sites where such comments belong. I keep with president Bara=
ck=20
Obama, who has a law degree from Harvard and sees the necessity to set up a=
=20
commission to analyse the matter before taking  part in the=20
international "howling choir" against Israel.
Yours sincerely
Richard Farnes

On Wednesday 02 June 2010 13:33:44 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El d=EDa Wednesday, June 02, 2010 a las 01:26:44PM +0200, Ruben de Groot=
=20
escribi=F3:
> > > The phrase "son of an edlin" has happily been retired in my vocabulary
> > > for some time.  If you're not aware of it, ed(1) is as capable or more
> > > of causing pain as edlin was and it's still in the FreeBSD base.
> >
> > Most usefull traditional Unix tools can cause pain or foot-shooting.
> > That's what makes them usefull.
>
> The ed(1) is *extremely* useful when it comes to editing text files on
> the fly in shell scripts (i.e. without user interaction).
>
> 	matthias

Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211
e <guru@unixarea.de> - w http://www.unixarea.de/
Solidarity with the zionistic pirates of Israel? =A0 Not in my =A0name!
=BFSolidaridad con los piratas sionistas de Israel? =A1No en mi nombre!