Date:      Mon, 26 May 2014 13:33:08 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dale Scott <dalescott@shaw.ca>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Help Compiling apligen

> gmake fails with the same error.
>
> These are the only instructions from the readme:
>
> Install:
> use:
>          make
> or:
>         g++ main.cpp -o apligen

Hi there, I replaced fopen64 calls with fopen in check_args.cpp and apligen compiled without error on a FreeBSD-10-RELEASE sytem using the base c++ compiler clang.

% c++ src/main.cpp -o apligen

I then executed apligen without arguments, and it responded with help information and no errors (but that's as far as I went).

>From a quick Google, it appears fopen64() is non-standard C++, but the functionality can be duplicated using a command line flag if necessary (appears to apply only if generating a password file greater than 2GB).

See: http://cboard.cprogramming.com/c-programming/149806-difference-between-fopen-fopen64.html

I don't know if Clang (or g++) accepts the indicated command line flag -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

Good luck!

Dale