Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:18:10 +0100 (MET)
From:      belphoebe@gmx.net
To:        "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.7 stable does not recognize onboard AHA-1542CP that 4.6-stable does

It is written:
> I'm trying to upgrade cvsup.nz.freebsd.org but can't because 4.7 will
> not recognize the onboard SCSI controller.

All I have to go on is a few old 1542C/CF 1522A isa cards . . .

So, having glared over and over at that pr

> At http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/45324 you will
> find output from "boot -v" and "pciconf -l" for both the 4.7 and 4.7
> kernels.

isn't the 1542CP, although on-board ( adaptec in the morning, sailors take
warning),
still technically isa?  Even yet, have you done the dance of:
disable pnp . . .
rebuild kernel without options PNPBIOS (if it's enabled in any case)
also, comment out "options CRASH_EVERY_OTHER_BOOT"
hmm . . .
device aha . . . it might be interesting to see the relevant lines from your
kernel config

> Is there anything else I can provide to help solve this bug?

whoops, this is where I should have put that last request!
last, what sort of settings changes have you done to your controller?
ie pressing that fiddly little ctl-A after post but before it probes for
disks,
sometimes dma/iomem/quack quack bark bark don't play pretty under weird
undocumented (warn the INS) conditions.  it was a while before LINT finally
told someone that adv(4) didn't need "at isa?", doubly so, since mine's pci.