Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 19:24:59 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
To:        Tony Maher <Tony.Maher@eBioinformatics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: scsi adaptor

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, William Woods wrote:

> ># Adaptec SlimSCSI (also included with Sony CD-ROM players)
> > card "Adaptec, Inc." "APA-1460 SCSI Host Adapter"
>
> With a CDROM Burner...works great

I second that.  I use it with a Yamaha CRW6416S and can reliably write CDs
at 4x speed on a slow P120 (the same hardware under Win95 can only write
at single speed reliably).  I've also used it with an HP DDS-2 DAT drive
and my dumps run at approx 700K/sec with compression.  Finally tosha
reports that it can read audio data at just under 5x speed (just over
900K/sec).  I've also used it with a old 100MB ZIP drive reliably.  Note:
when I bought my 1460B it did not come with a cable that would fit into
Mac style SCSI ports as found on the ZIP.  I had to send off for a
suitable cable from Adaptec.  The cable itself was free but the postage
and packing charge was very expensive.

--
Jose Marques