Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 1995 09:55:26 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Graichen <graichen@sirius.physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: machine reboot & kernel maxusers option

> >      not foun d ?
>
> >  > Well, it is useful to see if one of your devices is not
> >  found... and you're > not supposed to reboot that often (unless you
> >  run -CURRENT that is).
>
> > I don't buy that since at boot time all drivers print a message to the
> > effect that the device was found and configuration information.
>
> I've been voting for hiding the ``not found'' messages behind the
> "bootverbose" (boot -v) case long ago, but nobody seems to agree. :)

i agree with you - i think this should be the sense of a "-v" flag - normally
you should'ne see what's missing (if it is something impotant you'll see it if
something is'nt working :-) - but you shoud have a chance to look more careful
at all the device probes (using boot -v)

                                                  __||
 Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||       thomas graichen
 longer anything to add, but when there   __||      freie universitaet berlin
 is no longer anything to take away   __||              fachbereich physik
                                  __||
 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||
 ___________________________||____email: graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de____