Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:19:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mph@pobox.com
Subject:   Re: tosha reports random errors after transition to CAM

Matthew Hunt wrote in list.freebsd-scsi:
 > As it turns out, it looks like treating my IBM branded drive as a
 > Toshiba does fix the problem.  I have no idea why it would have started
 > appearing after changing to CAM.

I changed the default handling of unrecognized drives between
versions 0.04 and 0.05 of tosha -- that might be the reason.

 > I've attached the trivial patch I've used, but I don't know whether
 > it's appropriate for widespread use.  I understand that my drive is
 > really an XM-4101, but I don't know whether it's generally true that
 > IBM drives are really Toshibae.

This is the first time I hear about an "IBM" CD-ROM drive, so
I just added that entry to tosha's config file.  Thanks for
letting me know.

If you're familiar with CVS, you can checkout tosha-current
from the public CVS repository, just set $CVSROOT to this:

   :pserver:cvs@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de:/home/cvs/cvs

Then type "cvs login", enter "cvs" as password, and type
"cvs checkout tosha".

I hope to get around to release a new version soon, it will
probably not be much different from what's in the repository
right now.

Regards
   Oliver

PS: The "media changed" problem is known and will be fixed. :-)

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)