Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 23:22:31 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Operador del sistema <operador@nietzsche.webcaribe.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Incomplete email system

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 01:09:59PM +0000, Operador del sistema wrote:
> Hi, I was editing /etc/newsyslog.conf because i wanted to add a line for a
> new log file, and i mistyped a line and, later of a newsyslogd restart,
> root recived the following msg:
>
> newsyslog: missing field in config line:
>
> I dont know if the report is "completed", but, it seems to be larger but
> there are no more lines...

It would be nice to see your newsyslog.conf, dear.  Without it, we can only
guess what the problem with it really is.  Knowing which version of FreeBSD
you're running might be useful too.

In a sidenote, you can always restore your newsyslog.conf to it's default
version by grabbing /usr/src/etc/newsyslog.conf from the system sources.
Then, you can start hacking on that version to suit your taste and needs.

- giorgos